Thank you for your interest in contributing to the VGL blog.
Through this blog we share knowledge about topics that matter for leadership in a complex environment. We are happy about the diverse range of authors who support us with their expertise and international best practices to operate with more confidence and efficiency in a fast-changing global market.
You want to become a guest writer? First of all, thank you! We love having bright people like you contribute to the VGL community. We invite you to read through the following contributor guidelines and get in touch with us by sending your article.
- Topic: Leadership in a complex environment
- Originality: Please do not submit a piece that has been previously published elsewhere. We don not republish.
- Quality: The quality of your content is key. Please use compelling arguments and high-quality writing.
- Readability: Please make your content readable. Be specific. Don’t try too hard. Simple sentences win every time.
- Sources: If you use any specific data, quotations or refer to outside content, please attribute the source. But please don’t make it too academic.
- Use sub-headers.
- Keep paragraphs limited to roughly 2-4 sentences.
- Add structure to your article by using bullet points and blockquotes, if relevant.
- Make it spotlight-ready! Double check your spelling, grammar, etc. and submit a ready-to-publish piece. (Don’t worry, we’ll take a look too.)
- Length: Let your content guide you. Mostly, we publish content around 600 to 1,800 words long.
- Author bio:
- Short author bio, 1-3 sentences
- An author headshot
- Link to your company/profile
Images help illustrate examples and ideas, making the post easier to read and understand. Please make sure that you hold the rights for the images you are using or provide us with the link to the license-free image from free online sources you are suggesting for your blog. Not more than three images per post. At least 1000 pixels width (exception: graphs / figures for withing the article can be smaller).
Optional: Use contextual backlinks
Links are very helpful for the reader, so they get the chance to read more in-depth into a topic. We highly appreciate if you cross-link to other articles from our VGL blog or other blogs that provide the needed background information. Guideline: max. 3-4 external links per post. No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
Optional: Suggestions for findability in the cloud
The world of search engine optimization (SEO) is complex and ever-changing, but you can easily understand the basics, and even a small amount of SEO knowledge can make a big difference. If you are interested, have a look at the SEO Basic Guide online here to increase the findability and therefore also the impact of your article.
VGL reserves the right to propose edits and/or reject any content submitted for publication. Thank you for your understanding that we do not publish self-promotional pieces. To be on the VGL blog, your article must be helpful, knowledgeable and insightful.
Contact us, we are happy to help you.
Stay updated with VGL Forums and workshops!
Vienna Global Leaders is a platform by EUNEPA dedicated to developing and connecting managers and leaders in a complex world.
Vienna Global Leaders by EUNEPA
Opernring 1 / Top R748
1010 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 1 996 2078