Recording: VGL Forum – What does it mean to be an extraordinary leader?
2022 | VGL Forum
In a recent Virtual VGL Forum on What does it mean to be an extraordinary leader?, our featured speakers Zamora Majalap (G+D), Ahmed Abdel-Wahab (Mars Gulf), moderated by Pari Namazie (EUNEPA), shared their stories and insights on how they have experienced great leadership.
- 00:00 Welcome and introduction to VGL Forum and the guest speakers
- 01:45 Speaker Zamora Majalap introduces Ahmed Abdel-Wahab from Mars
- 04:12 Speaker Ahmed Abdel-Wahab introduces Zamora Majalap from G+D
- 08:31 What does it mean to be extraordinary?
- 08:45 Zamora’s view on extraoridnary
- 10:28 Ahmed’s view on extraordinary
- 12:03 Where do we find our uniqueness?
- 12:09 Zamora’s response
- 14:36 Ahmed’s response and advice
- 20:27 Participants’ comments read out
- 21:58 What is your personal story of an extraordinary leader?
- 22:16 Zamora’s example of an extraordinary leader’s impact
- 26:41 Ahmed’s example of extraordinary leaders he had observed
- 33:06 Summary and question: What were the qualities that stood out?
- 34:05 Zamora’s answer
- 35:46 Ahmed’s answer
- 37:48 Questions from webinar participants and summary of key takeaways
- 49:00 What is your call to action?
- 50:31 Poll answers from participants and closing remarks
To stay updated with future VGL Forums, subscribe here.
Stay updated with future VGL Forums here!
Join our virtual VGL Forum, an open space online to discuss leadership issues with experts, share solutions and enhance leadership skills across industries.
Zamora is the Head of Global Process Excellence – Controlling, Solutions & Analytics at G+D. She leads large global digital transformation projects involving multicultural teams. She has over 18 years of progressive international experience in senior management positions in APAC and EUROPE and a strong passion in transforming complex visions into reality by empowering trust-based partnerships.
Zamora loves creating and being part of a work ecosystem that facilitates performance improvement, excellent workplace culture, and organisational development.
Ahmed is the General Manager for Mars Gulf and is a core member of the Middle East Africa leadership team. Ahmed joined Mars in 2001 and has built his expertise across several leadership roles in sales and marketing including sales development, brand management, customer development and field sales management.
Prior to his current role and within this 20+ year journey at Mars, Ahmed held the roles of Mars Wrigley Market Director for Saudi Arabia, Sales Director for Mars Saudi Arabia, Sales Director for Wrigley MENA, National Sales Manager in Egypt, among other responsibilities.
After graduating from The American University in Cairo with a major in Economics, Ahmed started his career with Unilever Egypt where he successfully completed their graduate training program and was the Brand Manager for Lux, then later moved to CitiBank Egypt as their Global Consumer Banking Product Manager – Credit Cards.
Ahmed is a well-seasoned professional with expertise in route to market strategies, digital transformation and commerce, and people leadership.
Dr. Pari Namazie
Pari is the founder of the platform Vienna Global Leaders and will co-moderate this session. She is an executive coach, facilitator and the Managing Partner and Head of the Leadership and Organisations Division at EUNEPA. She has over 25 years of experience in the field with multinational and international companies.
Watch the recording of Ukraine Crisis, the Limitations of International Law and Our Responsibility.
Watch the recording of the VGL Forum on Hard Truths on Leadership Transitions, featuring the stories of three leaders.
Watch the recording of the VGL Forum on Young Leaders – Best Practices on How to Attract and Retain Them.
Stay updated with VGL Forums and workshops!
Vienna Global Leaders is a platform by EUNEPA dedicated to developing and connecting managers and leaders in a complex world.
Vienna Global Leaders by EUNEPA
Opernring 1 / Top R748
1010 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 1 996 2078