Lessons Learned: Business Continuity While Sustaining Human Capital
Key takeaways from a Virtual VGL Forum with two global business leaders on trends and best practices from global companies following the COVID-19 crisis.
The interactive session was focused on the workforce implications of the current crisis, especially what kind of arrangements would be needed to achieve business continuity and staff efficiency in the post-pandemic era.
The speakers, Hatti Johansson and Sam Rakyan from Willis Towers Watson distinguished between three phases to which leaders have to pay attention, i.e. 1) managing through crisis, 2) restoring stability and 3) operating post-crisis.
Presenting data from recent surveys, the speakers laid out the financial, operational and managerial measures that companies have taken to address the negative impact of the pandemic on their businesses.
Advice for leaders
Looking to the future, the experts advised leaders to pay attention to the following issues in the process of restoring stability and post-crisis operations:
- Attend to the changes that need to take place in the work environment (addressing safety, inclusion, new rewards programs, new operational rules etc.);
- Adapt leadership and management patterns to take into account the learning of this crisis and consolidate a learning mindset;
- Engage various stakeholders to understand their perspectives and have an active stakeholder communication strategy;
- Focus on the well-being of the company and employees;
- Include the impact of the emerging changes on the medium- to long-term performance and adjust company objectives accordingly.
This virtual VGL Forum laid out the key issues that will help organizations and leaders find the most balanced approaches to aligning business needs and workforce priorities in a work environment that has never been experienced before.
You can find future sessions of the VGL Forum here.
Join our virtual VGL Forum, an open space online to discuss leadership issues with experts, share solutions and enhance leadership skills across industries.
Watch the recording of the VGL Forum with Dr. Coline Covington.
What are practical actions global business professionals can take to become anti-racist?
Key takeaways from a Virtual VGL Forum with two business leaders on their experience of managing remote teams.
Stay updated with VGL Forums and workshops!
Vienna Global Leaders is a platform by Eunepa dedicated to developing and connecting managers and leaders with international best practices to operate with more confidence and efficiency in a complex world.
Vienna Global Leaders by Eunepa
Opernring 1 / Top R748
1010 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 1 996 2078