Recording: VGL Forum – Young Leaders
29 September 2021 | VGL Forum
In a recent Virtual VGL Forum on Young Leaders — Best Practices on How to Attract, Empower and Retain Them, our featured speakers Claudia Barona Padovani (DHL Express Europe), Ann-Katrin Kackur (Danfoss), Andrew Mina (eloomi), moderated by Pari Namazie, shared their stories and insights from three different perspectives: as a Millennial leader, as a large structured organisation and as a startup.
- (00:00) About VGL
- (01:14) Why the topic of young leaders matters now
- (01:41) Millennials might quit jobs
- (02:09) Introducing speakers and perspectives
- (03:08) Introducing Claudia Barona Padovani from DHL Express
- (04:37) Introducing Ann-Katrin Kackur from danfoss
- (07:02) Introducing Andrew Mina from eloomi
- (08:42) Introducing Pari Namazie from VGL
- (10:00) Poll 1: What would motivate a Millennial?
- (10:34) Poll 1: Results
- (11:43) Claudia, as a young leader, what attracts Millennials?
- (21:06) Poll 2: What is harder from the employer’s perspective? Attracting or retaining
- (21:31) Poll 2: Results
- (22:11) Ann-Katrin, within a large structured organisation, how do you attract and retain young talent? What challenges did you face?
- (32:37) Poll 3: Who would you prefer working for?
- (32:52) Poll 3: Results
- (33:42) Andrew, how do startups compete for young talent? What encourages young talent to stay and grow?
- (47:42) Audience comments & questions
- (48:30) What can companies do to ensure the buy-in from Millennials on why they should do what they are asked to do? (Ann-Katrin)
- (50:08) How and if the concepts of new work, agile leadership and VUCA are applied in your organisations in regards to attracting or retaining young talent? (Claudia)
- (51:54) On today’s global business pressure, do you have the time to monitor the talent development programme? Are you taking it just in time or does it keep being postponed? (Andrew)
- (54:25) Panel question: What are you doing to attract and retain young talent? What worked, what failed, what lessons did you learn?
- (54:53) Claudia’s answer
- (57:10) Ann-Katrin’s answer
- (01:02:40) Andrew’s answer
- (01:04:15) Research has shown Millennials prefer less authoritative leadership and prefer a mentor. What do you think?
- (01:06:20) Audience word cloud: How will you inspire young leaders?
- (01:07:42) Closing the session and next VGL Forum announcement
- (01:08:50) Speakers’ closing words
To stay updated with future VGL Forums, subscribe here.
Stay updated with future VGL Forums here!
Join our virtual VGL Forum, an open space online to discuss leadership issues with experts, share solutions and enhance leadership skills across industries.
Claudia Barona Padovani
Claudia is a very passionate HR professional at DHL Express Europe, a young leader responsible for Talent Management, Acquisition and Engagement at European level.
Claudia puts always people at heart which has proven successful when it comes to developing talent programs, engagement initiatives and creating a collaborative and trustful environment within her team and organization.
Ann-Katrin is a Leader and Coach, currently holding the role as VP HR Systems & Services at Danfoss. She has 20+ years of international work experience in Human Resources, with focus on transformation initiatives, project and change management, process and system implementations, as well as people management and development.
Ann-Katrin is a Swedish-speaking Finn and she lives since many years in Germany. In the last ten years, she actively pursues her passion for coaching, supporting individuals especially with career, performance and life challenges. Her own life motto is: “Choose your own path, then no-one will overtake you”
Andrew is People and Customer Experience Manager at eloomi and is passionate about HR and Learning & Development. With almost two decades of experience working in the NGO, private, and educational sectors, he is focused on professional and talent development through digital learning experiences.
Andrew believes that everyone has a ‘next step’ in their professional development. He aims to lead, guide and coach them towards it with care and passion.
Dr. Pari Namazie
Pari is the founder of the platform Vienna Global Leaders and will co-moderate this session. She is an executive coach, facilitator and the Managing Partner and Head of the Leadership and Organisations Division at EUNEPA. She has over 25 years of experience in the field with multinational and international companies.
In the shift to a digital workplace, productivity has become a top priority to overcome fatigue and optimise time management. Here are 5 tips how to boost your productivity mindfully.
Watch the recording of the VGL Forum with Dr. Coline Covington.
What are practical actions global business professionals can take to become anti-racist?
Stay updated with VGL Forums and workshops!
Vienna Global Leaders is a platform by EUNEPA dedicated to developing and connecting managers and leaders in a complex world.
Vienna Global Leaders by Eunepa
Opernring 1 / Top R748
1010 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 1 996 2078